Tuesday 6 August 2013

What's new for the week of August 6, 2013

Ok let's see if I can  keep this up... As explained before these are releases this week that jumped out at me.


Music & the British Military in the Long Nineteenth Century By Trevor Herbert and Helen Barlow well may as well start off with something expensive and out of left field. Also a fan of classical music and I've never seen a study like this before.
Alexander P. de Seversky and the Quest for Air Power By James K. Libbey I've read one of the subjects books on airpower and I want to learn more about his theories.
The Rocky Road to the Great War: The Evolution of Trench Warfare to 1914 by Nicholas Murray I'm a sucker for books on changes to doctrine and strategy.
The Nine Years' War and the British Army 1688-97: The Operations in the Low Countries by John C R Childs a painful price especially for a paperback but I haven't seen a book length treatment of this campaign. Obscure always gets points from me.
Under the Blue Beret: A U.N. Peacekeeper in the Middle East by Terry "Stoney" Burke Canadian Armed Forces memoirs post-World War II are rare enough and not a general with a political acts to grind.
Field Armies and Fortifications in the Civil War: The Eastern Campaigns, 1861-1864 by Earl J. Hess now the use of fortifications though the different conflict than above.



No comments:

Post a Comment