Tuesday 13 November 2012

What's new for the week of November 13 2012

I was busy last week so this contains the last two weeks of releases. As I've said before I haven't read any of these they just sound interesting.
Eating Grass: The Making of the Pakistani Bomb by Feroz Khan I don't think there is much in English on Pakistan's program. The fact that this is written by someone from the nation with experience makes it all the more interesting.
A Small Town Near Auschwitz: Ordinary Nazis and the Holocaust by Mary Fulbrook perhaps tangential to military history I think this does have a place here. Both for what it says about NAZI ideology which after all started the war as well as the wasteful use of manpower Germany inflicted on itself.
STALIN'S FALCONS RESURGENT: Soviet Air Power and the Battle of Kursk 1943 by Mark A. O'Neill I tend to be a bit leery of books on the eastern front. There just are so many landmines to be avoided but on the other hand this is one of the few books to deal with aviation.

No comments:

Post a Comment