Saturday 27 October 2012

Welcome

Welcome to the new blog. First, an explanation about the name. When I moved into the new house just over a year ago one of the features I was most excited about was the 800 linear feet of bookshelves contained in bookcases. My collection of books, around 2500 titles, fills about a third of it. I am sure at some point there will be pictures, but that gives you some idea. 

So why this blog? Well, if there is one thing from reading blogs for the last dozen years or so has taught me, ideas in the beginning rarely work out long term. But here is my idea at the moment.  I mostly read military history, but, unfortunately, the places where I get information on new titles have become dormant lately, so I figured I should start digging through the list of newly released books from the major book sellers. Well, if I am going to do that, I might as well share the information with other people. I'll post book reviews which is something I have done on a previous blog which begs the question why not just continue on the existing blog. Simple enough.  I tended to have large gaps in my posting which, after a while, means that the search engines will stop sending traffic your way, logically enough.  Instead of trying to rebuild that one, I figured it was time to start afresh, although I probably will still post to the other blog at times. 

Another reason was that my reviews on the other blog tended to be short, pithy and more rants than anything else.  I am hoping with this one to be more analytical, although, if the book Men Against Fire is in the news, I may forget myself.

Well, anyway, I think that is about it for now.  Feel free to leave a comment or send me an email. My address is over in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment