Tuesday 30 April 2013

What's new for the week of April 30 2013

So let's see what jumps out at me this week.

Europe: The Struggle for Supremacy, from 1453 to the Present by Brendan Simms I am a sucker for a grand narrative. Especially if it manages to avoid generalities and doesn't make mistakes. So I'll be very interested to see how this is received. Perhaps only military history in the grand strategic sense still it gets a spot on my WishList.

Global Crisis: War, Climate Change and Catastrophe in the Seventeenth Century by Geoffrey Parker pretty much the same goes for this book as well.

The Immortal 600 by Karen Stokes I know a decent amount about what the Confederacy did with POWs but not so much about the Union. This looks like this could help balance that. Hopefully the use of human shields and retaliation would be placed in some sort of context. That this isn't just a North evil, South courageous analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment