Thursday 11 April 2013

What's new for the week of April 9th 2013

Here are the books that looked interesting when I scanned through Amazon's new releases list in military history.
Bolivar: American Liberator . By Marie Arana I'm weak on South American history particularly 19th century so I'm very interested in this book. It's a biography but hopefully the military campaigns will have decent coverage it's over 600 pages.
Mussolini's Death March: Eyewitness Accounts of Italian Soldiers on the Eastern Front by Nuto Revelli translated series of interviews with Italian veterans. Originally published back in the 60s. As the back copy mentions the soviets and Germans get most of the coverage so this is an important book.
Tragedy at Dieppe: Operation Jubilee, August 19, 1942 by Mark Zuehlke I've been reading his Canadian battles books on World War II for years. They're always excellent and include lots of eyewitness accounts. So I'm looking forward to this.
The Biafran War: The Struggle for Modern Nigeria by Michael Gould finishing off this week with another book on an obscure conflict. I always say that we don't need another book on Normandy we need books on the other conflicts so I should practice what I preach and take a closer look at this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment